Technologies for design and administration of databases and data warehouses
|Semester||Amount of hours||Lecturer||Group(s)|
|5||32||Associate Professor Deputat B. Y.||УФЕ-31с|
|Semester||Amount of hours||Group||Teacher(s)|
|5||32||УФЕ-31с||Associate Professor Starukh A. I., Associate Professor Starukh A. I.|
The main areas of use of computer equipment and software products for information support of the enterprise are: the use of existing automated information systems and their configuration, taking into account the type of enterprise and class of tasks; development of new information systems to solve specific problems.
Databases are an effective way to solve these problems. Database development requires a serious approach, ensuring effective productivity growth and high competitive advantages. An integrated approach to development and modern technologies that must be used will allow the company to achieve new results after the introduction of the database. To perform these tasks requires specialists with relevant knowledge and skills provided by the study of the discipline “Technology of design and administration of databases and SD”.
The subject of the discipline
The subject of the discipline “Technology of design and administration of databases and SD” is a database and principles of its design, as well as technology of administration in the development of sites for various purposes.
The purpose of the discipline
The purpose of studying the discipline “Technology of design and administration of databases and SD” is the formation of basic knowledge of technology of design and administration of databases and data warehouses and the acquisition of practical skills in developing automated databases of automated data banks and data warehouses.
The main tasks
The objectives of the discipline “Technology of design and administration of databases and SD” are:
- master the theoretical foundations of modern organization and administration of databases and data warehouses;
- to acquire practical skills and abilities to develop an effective database project;
- perform testing of the conceptual design of the database;
- to implement the database project;
- develop data administration strategies.
The place of the discipline in the structural and logical scheme
The discipline “Technology of design and administration of databases and SD” is interrelated with such disciplines as “Economics and organization of software production”, “Information security in information systems”, “Algorithmization and programming”, “Object-oriented programming”, ” Information and communication technologies “,” Web-design and Web-programming “,” Analysis and modeling of business processes “.
Requirements for knowledge and skills
The study of the discipline involves the achievement of such a qualification level of student training, for which he must:
- principles of modern organization of databases and database systems;
- main categories and concepts of databases;
- relational data representation model;
- database design methods;
- modern data processing technologies; basics of database administration.
b) be able to:
- to build a model of the subject area and create a corresponding database;
- organize the processing of information in the database;
- create basic database objects (tables, forms, reports, database access pages, macros, modules in the database);
- implement the basic functions necessary to solve the problem;
- organize ensuring the integrity of the database;
- formulate queries to the database in SQL language;
- administer information systems;
- organize database protection.
- Anisimov AV, Kulyabko PP Information systems and databases: A textbook for students of the Faculty of Computer Science and Cybernetics. Kiev. 2017. 110 p.
- Weiskas J. Efficient robot with Microsoft Access for Windows; Per. with anl. SPb: Peter Kom, 2003. 864 p., Ill.
- Groff J., Weinberg P. SQL: Complete Guide \ trans. with English 2nd ed., Trans. and ext. K .: BHV Publishing Group, 2007. 816 p. il.
- Date K. Introduction to database systems. M .: Williams Publishing House, 2001. 1072 p.
- Connolly T., Begg K., Strachan A. Databases: design, implementation and maintenance. Theory and Practice, 2nd ed .: Per. From English: Uch. Pos. M .: Williams Publishing House, 2000. 1120 p .: ill.
- Database and knowledge management systems: Ref. ed. / Ed. AN Naumov. M .: Finance and Statistics, 2008. 352 p.
- Tiori T., Fry J. Design of database structures. M .: Mir, 1985. 296 s.
- Trofimenko OG, Prokop YV, Loginova NI, Kopytchuk IM Organization of databases: textbook. manual, 2nd ed. corrections. and add. Odessa: Phoenix, 2019. 246p.
- Ullman J., Weed J. Fundamentals of Database Systems. M .: Lori Publishing House, 2005. 374 p.
- Engel A. (2004). U.S. Patent Application No. 10 / 367,296. URL: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20040163041A1/en
- Papakonstantinou YG, Ong KW, Katsis I. (2011). U.S. Pat. 7,971,148. Washington, DC: US Patent and Trademark Office. U