The purpose of the discipline: to study the essence of public management of social development of society, the peculiarities of its implementation in modern conditions; acquainting students with the main areas of management of social and spiritual development of Ukrainian society, the implementation of social and humanitarian policy; as well as to reveal the essence of social protection and security of man and society; consider the main directions of implementation of social policy in the context of social protection.
The main tasks of the discipline:
– acquisition of theoretical knowledge on the problems of public management of social development, understanding the essence of the main categories and concepts;
– understanding the essence of modern models of public management of social development, ideological, legal and economic principles of management of social and humanitarian development in developed democracies;
– acquisition of knowledge of diagnostic methods of public administration of social development and understanding of their importance for the practice of public administration;
– acquisition of skills of free use of primary and additional sources of information on the analysis and development of state programs in the field of social policy;
– training to analyze and systematize the own practical experience of a public servant and provide recommendations for improving the management of social development processes taking place in society.
Requirements for knowledge and skills:
– conceptual principles of state policy in the field of social development;
– features of modern types of welfare states and classification of models of social policy;
– international and national social standards and regulations;
– modern methods of diagnosing and managing the processes of public management of social development;
– main indicators of the level and quality of life; – the essence and content of the elements of the social protection system: social insurance and social assistance;
– Features and prerequisites for reforming the pension system of Ukraine.
– assess the general trends of social and humanitarian policy of European countries and their usefulness for Ukraine;
– to analyze the main problems of social development of society and the peculiarities of these processes in Ukraine;
– apply methods of social management, principles of social policy to the processes of social and humanitarian development of Ukrainian society;
– to define as priority social criteria at an estimation of results of own activity of the public servant irrespective of its functional character and branch orientation;
– to develop proposals for targeted long-term programs and sets of measures aimed at deepening socio-economic reforms;
– predict the consequences of the implementation of social programs, using the results of social monitoring, sociological research, generalization of social development indicators;
– demonstrate understanding of the main goals of social and humanitarian development of society and the principles of forming management decisions to achieve them;
– analyze and systematize the experience gained in order to prepare analytical reports, reports on the state of social development of the territory, region, city, town and their presentation;
– to predict the possible social consequences of management decisions in the socio-humanitarian sphere;
– to develop practical recommendations to public administration bodies and local self-government bodies on the problems of social and humanitarian development and their presentation;
– to implement the developed social and humanitarian projects and programs.
1. Volska O. Transformation of mechanisms of state management of social development / O. Volska // Public administration. – 2013. – № 1. – P. 30-34. – access mode: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/putp/2013-1/doc/1/05.pdf 2. Gender policy and institutional mechanisms of its implementation in Ukraine. National Review of Ukraine’s Implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and Final Documents of the Twenty-Third Special Session of the UN General Assembly / Covenant. Mikhail Koryukalov [Electronic resource]. – K., 2014. – 122 p. – Access mode: http://library.fes.de/pdf-files/bueros/ukraine/11138.pdf 3. Gender policy in public administration: textbook. / [М. M. Bilynska, LV Gonyukova, LO Voronko and others. ; for the head ed. MM Bilinskaya]. – К.; [Zaporozhye: Print. world], 2011. – 132 p. 4. Gonyukova LV Legislative support of gender policy in Ukraine / L.V. Gonyukova, VV Sychova // Actual problems of public administration, pedagogy and psychology: collection. Science. Kherson Ave. nat. tech. un-ta. – 2014. – Vip. 10. – P. 20–23 5. State social program to ensure equal rights and opportunities for women and men for the period up to 2021 [Electronic resource]: Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 11, 2017. № 273. – Access mode: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/273-2018-%D0%BF 6. European Social Charter (revised) // VVR. – 2007. – № 51 [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_062 7. Ensuring quality of life [Electronic resource]. – Access mode old.niss. gov.ua/book/Била_книга 8. Constitution of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: With changes made in accordance with the Laws № 2222-IV of 08.12.2004, VVR, 2005, № 2, Article 44 № 2952-VI of 01.02.2011, VVR, 2011, № 10 , Article 68, № 586-VII of 19.09.2013, VVR, 2014, № 11, Article 142, № 742-VII of 21.02.2014, VVR, 2014, № 11, Article 144, № 1401-VIII of 02.06.2016, VVR, 2016, № 28, p.532. – Access mode: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80 9. Mechanisms for ensuring social security at the regional level: implementation practice: monograph / VG Bulba, SO Gorbunova-Ruban, AV Melyakov [etc.]; for ed. V.G. Bulby, AV Melyakov. – H .: Published by HarRI NAPA “Master”, 2010. – 444 p. 10. On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Concerning the Increase of Pensions [Text]: Law of Ukraine of October 3, 2017 № 2148-VIII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada. – 2017. – -4 40-41. – St. 383. 11. On state aid to families with children [Text]: Law of Ukraine // VVR. – 1993. – N 5. – St. 21. 21. On state social assistance to low-income families [Text]: Law of Ukraine // VVR of Ukraine. – 2000. – N 35. – Art. 290. 12. On ensuring the rights and freedoms of internally displaced persons [Text]: Law of Ukraine of October 20, 2014 № 1706-VII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada (VVR). – 2015. – № 1. – Art.1 25. 13. On compulsory state pension insurance [Text]: Law of Ukraine // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. – 2007. – P. 142. 14. On approval of the State target social program to support the family until 2016 [Electronic resource]: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of May 15, 2013 № 341. – Access: http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws / show / 341-2013-% D0% BF. 15. On education [Text]: Law of Ukraine of September 5, 2017 № 2145-VIII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada (VVR). – 2017. – -3 38-39. – St. 380. 16. On freedom of conscience and religious organizations [Text]: Law of Ukraine of 23.04.1991 № 987-XII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada. – 1991. – № 25. – Ст. 283. 17. On social work with children and youth [Text]: Law of Ukraine // VVR. – 2001. – N 42. – St. 213 18. On social services [Text]: Law of Ukraine of 19.06.2003 № 966 – IV // VVR. – 2003. – N 45. – St. 358. 31. On the promotion of social formation and development of youth in Ukraine [Text]: Law of Ukraine of February 5, 1993 N 2998-XII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. – 1993. – N 16. – St. 167. 19. On the status and social protection of citizens affected by the Chernobyl disaster [Text]: Law of Ukraine of February 28, 1991 № 796-XII // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada. – 1991. – № 16. – Ст. 200. 20. Implementation of the state social policy of sustainable development of the region by public authorities of Ukraine: monograph. / [Л. O. Belova, DV Karamishev, LV Naboka and others]; for the head ed. Ph.D., prof. D.V. Karamisheva, Candidate of State Administration, Assoc. LV Naboka. – H .: Publishing House HarRI NAPA “Master”, 2016. 21. Rozputenko I. Humanitarian development of Ukraine in terms of civilization choice [Electronic resource] / I. Rozputenko, S. Moskalenko // Bulletin of the National Academy of Public Administration. Social and humanitarian policy. – Access mode: http://visnyk.academy.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2013-2-29.pdf 22. Sychova VV Gender equality as a factor in ensuring sustainable social development in Ukraine [Electronic resource] / VV Sychova, LV Gonyukova // State Building: [electron. Science. profession. publication of HarRID NAPA under the President of Ukraine]. – 2014. – № 1. – Access mode: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/db/2014-1/doc/5/01.pdf 23. Public administration: textbook. manual / AV Stasyshyn, GV Kaplenko, GO Komarnytska and others. [for general ed. AV Stasishina]. Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University, 2019. 460 p. 24. Social development and socio-humanitarian policy of the state: textbook. way. / О.М. Rudenko, LM Усаченко, Д.В. Wind, MV Ditch. – K .: “SPE” Interservice “, 2013. – 168p. 25. Management of social and humanitarian development [Electronic resource]: a course of lectures. / Contributed by: S.M. Dombrovska, VP Garden. – H.: NUTSZU, 2018. – 189 p. – Access mode: https://zenodo.org/record/1246632/files/konspekt.pdf 26. Shevchuk P.I. Management of social and humanitarian development: textbook. way. / P.I. Shevchuk. – Lviv: LRIDU NADU, 2012. – 268 p. Internet resources 1. Ministry of Information Policy of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: The only web portal of executive authorities. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/catalog/ministerstvo-informatsiynoi-politiki-ukraini 2. Ministry of Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: Unified web portal of executive authorities. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/catalog/ministerstvo-z-pitan-timchasovookupovanikh-teritoriy-ta-vnutrishno-peremishchenikh-osib-ukraini 3. Ministry of Culture of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: Единий web portal of executive bodies. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/catalog/ministerstvo-kulturiukraini 4. Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine Unified web portal of executive authorities. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/catalog/ministerstvo-molodi-ta-sportuukraini 5. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: Official web-portal. – Access mode: https://mon.gov.ua/ua 6. Ministry of Health of Ukraine [Electronic resource]: The only web-portal of executive authorities. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/catalog/ministerstvo-okhoroni-zdorovya-ukraini 7. Ministry of Social Policy [Electronic resource]: Official web-portal. – Access mode: https://www.msp.gov.ua/ 8. Government portal [Electronic resource]: The only web-portal of executive authorities. – Access mode: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua