Practice of the Department of Economics and Public management
The main trends in the development of the political and economic system of Ukraine at the present stage of state formation, the need to ensure the implementation and completion of several socially significant reforms cause increased requirements for training in public management and administration in higher education. In the first place is their focus on the requirements of employers and compliance with the requirements of modern public management. All this significantly depends on the level of qualification acquired by future bachelors and masters during the period of study, theoretical and practical training by the chosen speciality, and determines their competitiveness in the labour market.
The practical training of higher education seeks involves continuity and consistency in the acquisition of the required amount of practical knowledge and skills by the first (bachelor’s) and second (master’s) levels of education. Industrial practice, as an educational component, is an integral part of the standards of training of higher education in the speciality 281 “Public management and administration” of the field of knowledge 28 “Public management and administration”. During the internship, higher education students gain experience in management and research, test their professional skills, and have the opportunity to deepen, develop and consolidate the knowledge gained while studying at the Franko National University of Lviv.
Practical training of applicants for higher education in the holistic educational process is aimed at:
– mastering various skills and abilities of professional activity;
– gaining personal experience in a professional field;
– self-improvement in professional skills.
Practical training of higher education seekers allows them to acquire the competencies necessary for further professional activity, in particular:
– the ability to solve complex problems and problems in the field of public administration;
– ability to improve and develop professional, intellectual and cultural levels;
– the ability to work in a team, make informed decisions, motivate people and move towards a common goal;
– the ability to choose and use modern tools of personnel management, modern communication technologies, to develop and implement innovative technologies in personnel management in public authorities and business structures;
– adapt personnel management methods to the conditions of functioning of government bodies and business entities;
– apply the acquired knowledge of the facts, methods, rules and principles of functioning of the subjects of management and administration in specific practical situations.
At the same time, there is close cooperation with employers in formulating the goals and objectives of practical training, determining its content by searching for bases of practice and forming a program of practice.
List of practice (semester / ECTS credits)
І. The first (bachelor’s) level of education
1.1. Internship (6 semester / 6 ECTS credits);
1.2. Industrial (undergraduate) practice (8 semester / 3 ECTS credits).
ІІ. The second (master’s) level of education
2.1. Internship (specialization) (2 semester / 6 ECTS credits);
2.2. Industrial (undergraduate) practice (3 semester / 3 ECTS credits).
Samples and forms of documents for practice.
- Regulations on the practice of higher education seekers of the Franko National University of Lviv. URL: https://lnu.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/reg_practice.pdf.
- Form of the order on sending to practice.
- Form “Reference to practice”.
- Practice diary.
- Form “Tasks for practice”.
- Methodical materials.
Bases of practice