Participation of teachers and students of the educational program “Information Technology in Business” in the conference “Synergy 2021. IT Business & IT Education”
On December 16-17, 2021, Iryna Shevchuk, Bohdan Deputat, Oksana Vaskiv and Anna Starukh, lecturers of the Department of Digital Economics and Business Analytics, Faculty of Finance and Business Management, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, together with bachelor’s and master’s degrees. “Educational program” Information Technology in Business “(groups UFE-11s, UFE-21s, UFE-41s and UFEM-11s) took part in the conference” Synergy 2021. IT Business & IT Education “, an event organized by the Association” IT Ukraine “and which for the development of IT education combines the experience of leading speakers from the field of IT business, education, science and government.
On the first day, the participants of the Conference had the opportunity to hear the opinions and practical cases of the speakers:
- developed roadmap for reforming IT education;
- IT education reforms;
- meeting the high demand for talent, which are new challenges for the education market;
- the need to move from discipline to transdisciplinarity, which is the basis for IT education;
- life skills that will be necessary in the future to succeed and create a “smart temperament”;
- transition of IT specialists from other fields;
- opportunities for cooperation in the format of science, R&D and business in Ukraine;
- IT for the non-IT sector;
- how human resources change in the non-IT sector;
- education through the media;
- use of digital communication channels for learning.
The second day was full of thematic workshops:
- “AWS Academy – the best way to teach students cloud technology”;
- “Education and SoftServe: the path to cooperation”;
- Why is big data important and how does it work?
- “Digital environment for teacher development. Case of KNU professionals»;
- IT education trends: GoIT cases.
Trends in IT education discussed at the event (lifelong learning, project-based learning, inverted classes, competency-based approach, gamification of learning, nano-learning, learning facilitation, adapted AI-based learning, neuro-learning, etc.) can be easily adapted to learning. in the process of educational program “Information Technology in Business”. On this issue, a meeting will be organized in the future to exchange views between the teaching staff of the department and applicants for higher education on the implementation of such innovative solutions for the organization of the educational process.