Participation of students of the specialization 281 “Public Administration and Administration” of the educational program “Public Administration and Business Management” in an interactive educational event on decentralization and local government
In order to acquire new practical skills in the field of public administration, Maria Kormylo, a second-year student of the UFP-21s group of the Public Administration and Business Management OPP, became one of the 30 participants in the educational interactive event “Superheroes for the Community” on the topic of decentralization and local self-government. The event was held in a two-day intensive format, which addressed the most pressing issues of future managers, namely the main challenges of local government reform. Specialists in decentralization and local self-government highlighted the peculiarities of creating united territorial communities. “What qualities should young people have for an effective dialogue with local authorities?” – Mentors and leading experts on local self-government, decentralization reform and youth policy helped to find answers to this and other questions, namely:
- Oleksandr Slobozhan – Executive Director of the Association of Ukrainian Cities, who spoke about the main aspects of decentralization reform and local self-government.
- Serhiy Zamidra – Deputy Chairman of the All-Ukrainian Association of Communities, who gave a lecture on the “anti-heroes” of decentralization and the challenges facing the local community.
- Andriy Sheketa – Deputy of the Zakarpattia Regional Council, who spoke about the main aspects of the work of deputies of local councils.
- Rostyslav Tistyk – People’s Deputy of Ukraine, who spoke about the work of the People’s Deputy, opportunities for local communities and cooperation with communities to develop and solve problems.
- Oleh Volsky – Mayor of Zhovkva, who spoke about how he became the youngest mayor of Ukraine, about public and political activities, his own path of formation, about the challenges and victories as mayor of Zhovkva and provided recommendations for young people.
- Zakhariy Tkachuk – Chairman of the Board of the NGO “Youth Platform”, who spoke about youth policy and the establishment and operation of Youth Centers.
Maria Kormylo also took part in the simulation game “Decentralization. New Era”, in which she implemented practical advice from speakers. According to the results of the two-day intensive, Maria Kormylo received a certificate.